Monday, January 19, 2009

Back to Good Ol' Cockney I Go!*

I think I have a knack for traveling during important pivotal times in US politics. The inauguration is tomorrow, precisely the time I leave for the airport. I was driving around Utah during the elections, too, which is strange. Oh well.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for London. Of course I haven't packed a thing and am not planning on doing so until well-after midnight, but I'm pretty sure I'll probably go tomorrow.

Honestly, I really don't know what to expect out of London. Besides the faint recollections of my childhood in Cockney, I wonder what I'll find now two decades later*. I've heard wonderful things about the city, not so much the weather, but I usually like bleak, dismal weather so I think I'll be alright.

Has anyone been there? I'll be staying with a friend, so I'm covered for that. I also don't have a lot of money to spend, which is unfortunate, but usually manageable. If you have ideas or suggestions I'd love to hear them!

*Cockney is not a real place, nor is it where I grew up.

No comments: